On the opening day of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), IUCN Global Gender Office, in coordination with UN Women, as well as the Governments of Finland, Liberia, and Peru, welcome you to a high-level session on the transformative power of data, featuring the unique Environment and Gender Index (EGI). This event will feature the EGI’s newest datasets on women and decision-making in the environmental sector. Showcasing the capability of the EGI to assist policy-makers and practitioners in overcoming challenges to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of women, discussion will be anchored in the context of Beijing+20 and the post-2015 development agenda.
High-level speakers will include:
- Lorena Aguilar, Global Senior Gender Advisor, IUCN
- Begoña Lasagabaster, Officer in Charge/Director, Policy Division, UN Women
- HE Jani Toivola, MP, the Parliament of Finland, Chair of the working group on equality issues
- HE Julia Duncan Cassell, Minister of Gender and Development, Government of Liberia
- HE Marcela Huaita, Minister of Women and Vulnerable Populations, Government of Peru
- With a representative from Women’s Environment and Development Organization (WEDO)
This event is open to UN badge holders. View Invitation.