The International Network of Women’s Funds (INWF) is a membership association linking Women’s Funds to promote philanthropy with a feminist perspective.
Our mission is to strengthen the political and financial capacity of Women’s Funds to empower women and girls and redistribute resources to transform their lives and communities.
We are promoting an alternative vision for the act of “giving” based on the principles of trust and empowerment. Our approach to sustainability is both political and financial, and places women’s funds from various countries of the globe as a key lever for change.
- We are committed to Diversity (of funding sources, diversity of people/perspectives in staff and board)
- Fairness and Evenhandedness (we treat all members of our network-grantees, donors, advisors – as equal partners)
- Respect and trust (we respect the work and experience of women and we trust that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and find solutions for lasting change)
- Openness (being open to and learning about different ways to approach issues) and transparency in our procedures and policies (including being consistent with legal requirements needed to raise and give away money)
- Flexibility, we emphasize learning and adjust our approaches to new insights and to changes we see
- Generosity, we are willing to share whatever knowledge and expertise we have, and each of us gives her best for the network.
Gender and Climate Change
The Gender and Climate Change Program aims to integrate a gender perspective in policies and programs on sustainability and environment within INWF’s Women’s Funds, encouraging their active participation in decision-making on environmental issues at local, regional and global levels.